USA and Canada Costsaver 2018: Spectacular Canyons and National Parks End Rapid City Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018
This CostSaver trip takes in the mighty Grand Canyon and the mesmerizing Monument Valley before venturing deep into Yellowstone National Park: look out for wildlife then cross into the Black Hills. The crimson-coloured rocks of Bryce and Zion National Parks will take your breath away. Visit Crazy Horse Memorial and Mt Rushmore and discover this area's important place in history.
- Bryce Canyon National Park Stare in awe at the multi-coloured hoodoos in a spectacular natural amphiteatre
- Crazy Horse Memorial Marvel at the world's largest mountain carving, a memorial for all Native American tribes
- Flagstaff Iconic Breakfast at Charley's Pub and Grill at the historic Hotel Weatherford-which welcomed presidents and gunslingers to a civilised oasis in the wild, dusty West
- Grand Canyon Experience one of the great Natural Wonders of the World and UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Grand Teton National Park Explore this popular destination for mountaineering, hiking, backcountry camping and fishing
- Jackson Walk among the giant elk antler arches
- Lake Powell See the second largest man-made lake in the U.S.
- Little Bighorn Battlefield See the site of the Battle of the Little Bighorn
- Monument Valley Explore the treasures of this area sacred to the Navajo people
- Mount Rushmore Gape in awe at this massive sculpture depicting the faces of four U.S. presidents
- Salt Lake City Discover this high-elevation capital and see the historic Temple Square
- Yellowstone National Park Visit the first National Park in the country
- Zion National Park Have a look at some of the most scenic canyon country in the United States
- 7 Breakfasts
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Call (337) 234-4100 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13900782
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Las Vegas||Arrive Las Vegas: Welcome to Las Vegas. Get settled in at your hotel before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon.|
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
|Day 2||Flagstaff||Las Vegas - Grand Canyon National Park - Flagstaff: This morning, head east, travelling along parts of Old Route 66. Arrive at the Grand Canyon, one of the Natural Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the remnants of ancient volcanoes as you drive to Grand Canyon Village, a National Historic District. Enjoy the small town feel, complete with restaurants and shops. Perhaps, take an optional plane or helicopter flightseeing trip over the Grand Canyon. Pass through Williams, a charming town nestled at the base of Bill Williams Mountain in one of the largest Ponderosa Pine Forests in the world, before arriving in Flagstaff.|
Ramada Flagstaff East
|Day 3||Page||Flagstaff - Monument Valley - Page: This morning, sample the flavour of Flagstaff's pioneer beginnings at an Iconic Breakfast served up at the historic Hotel Weatherford, built in 1900. After, head out to explore the treasures of Monument Valley as you step aboard an all-terrain vehicle with your private Navajo guide and marvel at the immense monolithic rock formations jutting hundreds of feet from the valley floor. Stop and walk in the footsteps of John Ford, John Wayne and countless other historic figures of the Southwest. Arrive in Page, home to stunning Lake Powell where the evening is yours to relax. Consider joining in an optional Native American Dance Performance with dinner.Iconic Breakfast|
Quality Inn Lake Powell
|Day 4||Bryce Canyon||Page - Zion National Park - Bryce Canyon: Head northwest toward Zion National Park where you get to explore the bottom of the main canyon which showcases a completely different perspective of sheer colourful sandstone walls rising thousands of feet above the lush greenery of the canyon floor. Continue onto Bryce Canyon National Park, where your first views of the mesmorising, red sandstone awaits.Continental Breakfast|
Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn
|Day 5||Salt Lake City||Bryce Canyon National Park - Salt Lake City: Explore Bryce Canyon National Park, a wondrous land of pines, pinnacles and oddly sculpted formations. These hoodoos, created by wind and water erosions, come in all shades of reds, oranges and pinks. Head north to Salt Lake where you'll stop at historic Temple Square, home to the six-spired Salt Lake City Temple and the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The evening is at leisure.|
Comfort Inn Downtown Salt Lake City
|Day 6||Jackson||Salt Lake City - Jackson (2 Nights): Today, head for rugged Wyoming and travel alongside some of the most beautiful mountain ranges before arriving in Jackson. On arrival, stop at Town Square, famous for its four iconic antler arches guarding the corners of George Washington Memorial Park. Wander around the square, lined with restaurants, bars and stores selling genuine cowboy gear before perhaps trying one of the homey restaurants with country cooking.Continental Breakfast|
49er Inn and Suites
|Day 7||Grand Teton National Park and Jackson||Grand Teton National Park and Jackson Free Time: This morning, there is an optional gentle float trip along Wyoming's Snake River with spectacular mountain scenery. Later this morning, head north for magnificent Grand Teton National Park with stops at the Moran Lookout and along the scenic Jenny Lake Loop. Later, in Jackson, you have free time to relax. This evening, perhaps partake in an optional cowboy cookout complete with horse-drawn covered wagons and Wild West music.Continental Breakfast|
|Day 8||320 GUEST RANCH||Jackson - Yellowstone National Park - 320 Guest Ranch: Enjoy the magnificence of the Teton Range again as you follow the Snake River to Yellowstone National Park. The world's greatest concentration of geysers and mountain wilderness, this park is home to grizzly bears, wolves, bison and elk. Yellowstone's geothermal wonders are the focus of your sightseeing tour as you view Fountain Paint Pots, Lower, Middle and Upper Geyser Basins and, of course, Old Faithful with its roaring plume of boiling water and steam.Continental Breakfast|
320 Guest Ranch
|Day 9||Cody||320 Guest Ranch - Yellowstone National Park - Cody: Explore more of America's first national park today with a visit to Mammoth Hot Springs, a large complex of hot springs on a hill of travertine, created thousands of years ago. See the dramatic Grand Canyon of Yellowstone with its turbulent river and 20 miles (32 km) of twisted pink and yellow sheer rock cliffs carved 1,200 feet (365 m) deep and up to 4,000 feet (1,220 m) wide.Continental Breakfast|
Buffalo Bill Village
|Day 10||Sheridan||Cody - Little Bighorn Battlefield - Sheridan: Travel north through Montana's stunning Big Sky Country. Stop at Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, memorialising the U.S. Army's 7th Cavalry and the Sioux and Cheyenne in one of the Native Americans' last armed efforts to preserve their way of life. Continue on to Sheridan, situated in the Bighorn Mountains.|
Best Western Sheridan
|Day 11||Keystone||Sheridan - Crazy Horse - Keystone (2 Nights): Head through high country where open range cattle kings made war on the homesteaders in the 1890s. On arrival to beautiful Black Hills, visit Crazy Horse Memorial, commissioned over 50 years ago by Lakota Chief Henry Standing Bear to honour the culture, tradition and living heritage of all North American Indians. This evening, perhaps head to Mount Rushmore National Monument for an optional lighting ceremony.Continental Breakfast|
|Day 12||Mount Rushmore and Keystone||Mount Rushmore and Keystone Free Time: Visit magnificent Mount Rushmore National Memorial, the largest statue-monument in the world. The faces of four American presidents-George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln-are carved into the granite mountainside as a priceless shrine to democracy. This afternoon is free in Keystone; perhaps join an excursion to the rugged Badlands National Park.|
|Day 13||Depart Rapid City or Denver||Keystone - Depart Rapid City or Denver: Depart independently to the Rapid City Airport at anytime or take a complimentary transfer to Denver International Airport. For guests extending their stay, optional overnight accommodation will be available at Best Western Plus Denver Airport.|
- For a trip with more exclusive Insider experiences, more included meals and upgraded hotels, see our Scenic Parks Explorer itinerary featured in the USA & Canada brochure.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,895.00 (USD)
Tour Type: CostSaverBrochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018This CostSaver trip takes in the mighty Grand Canyon and the mesmerizing Monument Valley before venturing deep into Yellowstone National Park: look out for wildlife then cross into the B...