Simply Italy Winter 2018/19
Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819
Sample Tuscan flavours in the exquisite Chianti countryside and ramble along blissfully quiet cobblestone lanes and grand city avenues to admire the beauty of Italy's iconic cities in quiet contemplation, far, far away from the summer crowds?
- City tour in Rome and Florence
- Orientation of Venice, Pisa and Siena
- See the ancient sites of Rome and the canals of Venice
- View St. Mark's Basilica and the Bridge of Sighs in Venice, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Duomo in Florence and Piazza del Campo in Siena
- Visit the Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum in Rome
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 Be My Guest lunch
- 3 dinners with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (337) 234-4100 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13960214
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Ah Roma! Once the capital of the world and today yours to explore before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive past some of the city's most magnificent sights, including St. Peter's Basilica. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing: Join your Local Specialist this morning for a tour of the Vatican Museums and Cultural Insight. Ascend the smooth and step-less Bramante spiral staircase, admire Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and visit St. Peter's Basilica to see his sorrowful Pieta. We venture to the birthplace of western civilisation next and celebrate the enduring symbols that stand today as a testament of the might of an ancient power. See the impressive Colosseum, where brave warriors once battled for supremacy and Circus Maximus where chariots would thunder down the racetrack. The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore more of the city or people-watch in one of the grand piazze sipping an Italian coffee or two. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Venice||Rome - Venice (2 Nights): We journey through scenic Umbria today to see the impressive hilltop towns of Orte and Orvieto before travelling through Tuscany with its Chianti vineyards and terraced olive groves. Cross the lush Apennine Mountains en route to Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic. Tonight, we dine at our hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
|Day 4||Venice||Venice Orientation: The exquisite ancient tradition of glassblowing takes centre stage this morning on a Cultural Insight to Giudecca Island where we'll visit a glassblowing workshop. Exploring the magical waterways of Venice, we take an orientation cruise by private motor launch to St. Mark's Square, viewing the ornate Doge's Palace and renowned Bridge of Sighs, so named for the sound prisoners would make as they crossed the bridge to meet their executioner. Spend the rest of the day exploring the charming calle and canals of Venice, or join an Optional Experience boat trip to the Island of Burano for a delicious traditional meal. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Florence||Venice - Pisa - Florence (2 Nights): The city of Pisa beckons this morning as we cross the Veneto plains and steep Appenine Mountains to see its incredible Leaning Tower, carved marble Cathedral and the Baptistery in the Square of Miracles. We continue through the vineyard-clad hills of Tuscany to Renaissance Florence for our two-night stay. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Florence||Florence Sightseeing: Join your Local Specialist on a guided walking tour through the charming cobblestone streets and squares of Florence. See the multi-coloured Duomo, Ponte Vecchio and Piazza della Signoria before venturing across the Arno River to Piazzale Michelangelo where you'll be rewarded with spectacular views of this glorious city. Spend the rest of your morning shopping for leather and gold, retire to a cafe for decadent hot chocolate, or consider visiting the Fine Arts Academy to see the famous statue of David by Michelangelo. The 12th century Castle of Trebbio welcomes us for an authentic Be My Guest Tuscan lunch, and olive oil and wine tasting. Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 7||Rome||Florence - Siena - Rome: Our romance with Italy continues as we head south to the charming medieval city of Siena. See the impressive Piazza del Campo where the Palio di Siena horse race has been held for centuries, then consider indulging in a slice or two of the local Panforte before continuing to the Eternal City of Rome. Tonight we toast to our new-found gioia di vivere inspired by Italy. Join your Travel Director and amici for an unforgettable Farewell Dinner. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Sheraton Parco De Medici
|Day 8||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: Arrivederci Roma! We bid a fond farewell to a memorable journey through Italy. Transfers are available to Rome Fiumicino Airport. Conditions apply. Buffet Breakfast|
- Christmas & New Year's Eve Highlights: The 23 December 2018 departure will celebrate Christmas in Venice. The 30 December 2018 departure will toast New Year's Eve in Rome. Each of these specially arranged festive meal celebrations will replace one of the included meals featured in the itinerary.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $1,650.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819Sample Tuscan flavours in the exquisite Chianti countryside and ramble along blissfully quiet cobblestone lanes and grand city avenues to admire the beauty of Italy's iconic cities...